What is Camp No Limits?
No Limits Limb Loss Foundation is a non-profit organization founded in 2004. The foundation was developed to address the needs of children and families living with limb loss. Camp No Limits provides a unique family camping experience that offers parent and child peer support, adapted recreational activities and state of the art prosthetic education. Unlike any other camp, Camp No Limits offers programs designed by specialized occupational and physical therapists, prosthetists and adult amputees aimed at optimizing the functional independence of children living with limb loss.
To educate and empower young people with limb loss to discover and develop a healthy, happy and independent life style.
What Can I Gain From Attending Camp No Limits?
- Learn about the newest and latest prosthetic options available including myoelectric technology, recreational options and adaptive equipment
- Find out about the recreational programs that are available for children with limb loss
- Learn functional ways to complete various daily living skills with or without prosthetics
- Discover what organizations are available to assist with funding for prosthetic devices
- Develop self-confidence, personal aspirations and promote lasting friendships
- Enjoy a week-end of relaxation and recreation!
Who should attend?
- Children with limb loss ages 3-17
- Family members of children with limb loss (A parent or caregiver is required to attend for children under the age of 8)
LOCATIONS: Maine, Idaho, Florida, Missouri, California, Maryland
I wonder what it would take to get a Canadian location added to this list?! ;)
Visit their WEBSITE for more info or check out their FACEBOOK PAGE!