June 21, 2010

The Ice Cream Truck

Its officially summer when the ice cream truck starts coming down our street!

Gavin can hear the song it plays a mile away! He starts jumping around shouting "ICE CREAM TRUCK!" I definitely can't blame him because I am the exact same way. I don't know who gets more excited, him or I.

I grew up in a small town and thought ice cream trucks were something out of movies. When I moved to the city and saw one for the first time, I was like a child, chasing after the truck and begging for John to buy me an ice cream cone every time I heard the song playing! So I guess Gavin gets it from his Mama. Ice cream has always been my favourite food group!

So when we hear it coming, Gavin & I both rush around trying to find change and get our shoes on so we can run down the driveway and make sure the truck stops in front of our house! It usually comes right before dinner but I think that makes it even more delicious.

People say if you eat dessert before dinner it will ruin your appetite. But won't eating dinner before dessert ruin your appetite for dessert?

No comments:

Post a Comment