January 30, 2011

Kevin Laue

I can't tell you how many times people have made comments to me like "At least Gavin will be able to play sports like soccer." And I usually respond that he can play soccer if he wants, but he might prefer to play hockey or basketball.

It is natural for people to wonder how someone with one hand could play those sports, let alone be GOOD at them.

That's why I was so happy when I first saw a video of Kevin Laue, an LBE (left below elbow amputee) who was rockin' the court on his high school basketball team and proving everyone wrong! I was even more excited when I saw this video today of Kevin who is now playing center on a scholarship at Manhattan College!



"Its a sport I grew up struggling with at first.
I got into the sport just because I was told I couldn't do it."

1 comment:

  1. What a great story and so inspirational :)
    Also, i love the pic of Gav in his snow gear! so cute!

    ReplyDelete