February 24, 2012

The Gift of Grace

I just found out about a wonderful children's book about limb differences called, "The Gift of Grace". Grace was told by a little boy at school that she must be stupid because she has a stupid little hand. She was upset because she knew that wasn't true and it inspired her to write this book when she was five years old.

You can read more about her story in this article, Bully Inspires Girl Missing Fingers to Write Book".

I love Grace's message that we are all "wonderfully-made". I instantly ordered a copy for Gavin and I can't wait for it to come so we can read it together!


The Gift of GRACE

by Grace Mary McClelland

Illustrated by Nancy Moskovitz



"Hello, my name is Grace. I wrote my story when I was five years old. In my book I tell that I was born with a special hand. The fingers on my right hand are smaller than the fingers on my left hand. And instead of five fingers, I have four.

A wonderful artist, Nancy Moskovitz, has painted pictures of me to tell my story. When I look at them, they take my breath away! I bet they will do that to you.

Each book will donate funds to the Hands-to-Love camp in North Florida. This camp was started by a hand surgeon - such as mine, who borrowed bones from my toes to make me fingers. And you can't really tell when you look at my toes...which by the way I love to polish!"

BUY "The Gift of Grace" by Grace Mary McClelland

No comments:

Post a Comment